Monday 12 March 2012

Toward the End



Today’s from the armchair topic is toward the end. What does that mean? It means I’m in the finally stages of getting to the end of the third book of a sci-fi series. For me, what makes this interesting is after finishing the second book, I continued on writing the third. The flow was there and I wanted ensure that how I described events and things were consistent throughout the last two books. The challenge I find is in describing what the characters are going through that makes sense. I go into areas that I hoping not to lose readers which why the finale is becoming more difficult to compose taking extra time. Going through this I had to wonder what other writers do to overcome this hurdle. Whether they take a break and do something else or just keep writing. I find that I’m even dreaming how to overcome or build the bridges between different points where the story is going. On a side note, the dreaming I have found interesting, as some of my conundrums have been satisfied and then I find myself dreaming of other possible stories in other genres. For example, last night I dreamt the plot for a mystery novel that I am considering writing.
Anyway, I have blogged less as every possible moment is used to complete the third installation of the series. Then the editing portion can start which I know will take some time as my editor, Bren, has to go through 225,000 words. So, I can see the end but I know its still a ways off. I am also excited about which one of the next four novels to start and to get going on those projects.
Keep smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment