Wednesday 21 March 2012

Zytainium - second book of the series


Below is an excerpt from the second book in the Zytainium series. I decided to write books two and three in one shot. The third book of the series is almost complete first written draft.
Please enjoy.

“When does this operation start?” Edan asked.
“Right now. Make two sites disappear that you think will fit our needs. Ensure you to cover our tracks on what we are doing. On top of that, someone tonight is going to have to go there and secure them. Now there is a dinner with the new council, Felan, all the leadership in which I have already excused you.”
“You definitely don’t miss around,” Edan said.
“There is too much riding on this to leave things to chance.” I turned to the knock on the door. It was Chase, good and went over to let him in.
“Greetings all,” Chase said. “Training is going well. We will be ready.” He looked at both of us know something was up by our faces. “What did I miss?”
“I just got Edan to agree to an unauthorized, highly secretive mission.”
“What are we going to be doing now?” Chase asked.
“Edan, begin operation site disappearing. I’ll fill in Chase.” Edan nodded and headed for his lab workstation with the comm device attached with all its components, pulling up the cache locations.
“Chase, I have a bad feeling about what is going to happen in the near future.”
“We are going to disappear again, right,” he said. I heard Edan chuckling to himself.
“Yes and a bit more. We are going to set up secret bases of operations for just the three of us as I only trust those in this room.”
“I am not surprised Tarin,” Chase said. “I could feel the vibes coming from you. Even Ora mentioned something about having us sit on the sidelines. I figured that would go over well. I take it she told you.”
“Yes she did. I can’t let the naivety of our people get in the way.”
Chase laughed, “just like the old days when we were on the lam. Alright, what do you want me to do?”
“Tarin, you were right, Chase had no issue with this undercover operation,” Edan said from his lab station. 

No comments:

Post a Comment